Court Booking Rules under COVID19
Courts can only be booked by members using the Online Court Booking function in the Members area. Members can book for themselves, other members and guests.
Members can reserve courts up to 7 days in advance to play with other members or with guests. For example, on Monday at 12:01am, you can book a court up until the end of the following Sunday; on Tuesday, you can book for the following Monday, etc…
To book singles, you will need to provide two names in the booking system. To book doubles, you will need to provide four names. Courts can be booked up until the hour of play. For example, if there are any unreserved courts at 3:01pm (per the website/online booking clock), those 3 – 4pm unreserved courts will no longer be “bookable”.
Members can only have a maximum of 2 advance bookings within this rolling 1 week period (regardless of court type or whether playing singles or doubles). For example, if you have a court reserved for Tuesday 8pm and then Saturday at 2pm, you will have to wait until you have finished your Tuesday 8pm match before you can book a new reservation.
Singles-Members can book a court for 1 hour for singles.
Doubles- Members may book up to two (2) consecutive hours for doubles matches. This will only count as one booking for all four players, meaning that you will still have one active booking available.To schedule a two-hour doubles match, enter all four players’ names and information.
If the courts are not booked before or after a member’s reservation, walk ons are possible as dictated by the court monitor.
Any “gaming” of the system that results in singles or doubles playing 2 consecutive booked hours is contrary to the rules and will result in penalties. Examples of this are:
1. Any booking that does not have the same members playing as the booking shows
2. Booking two singles courts consecutively across 4 peoples names in order to play 2hours of doubles
3. Booking a court for singles and then making it doubles without changing the booking
4. Booking a court at, say, 9am and 11am for doubles and switching with the folks who booked for 8am and 10am so both groups get 2 hrs consecutively
These examples above notwithstanding, the Board reserves the right to issue penalties to any additional scenarios used to circumvent the rules.
· i e. If playing with a guest or guests, members will be required to immediately pay a $10 fee (HST included) per guest when booking a court online. In addition to paying the fee, guests must still sign the COVID19 waiver in the clubhouse before stepping on the court – the court monitor will stop play if both these requirements are not met prior to play.
· Upon arrival at the Club, all Members must check in with the court monitor prior to proceeding onto their reserved court so please arrive at least 5 minutes before your booking.
· Unless directed by the court monitor, members shall play on the court that they have booked online.
Cancellation / No-Shows
With the convenience of online court booking comes the added responsibility for Members to use courts they have reserved.
Members must cancel a reservation if it will not be used. Cancellations can be made up until 1 hour before reserved court time (i.e. reservations cannot be cancelled within one hour of reserved court time). A reservation may be cancelled by telephone and speaking to the court monitor in person or leaving an email to LEASIDESUPER@GMAIL.COM. If a member has paid guest fees and needs to cancel the court, those fees will be refunded to the member’s club account only if the cancellation was at least one hour prior to the reserved court time – otherwise, the fees are forfeited to the Club.
Reservations cancelled within one hour of the reserved court time and no-shows (when no one on the court booking has shown up within 15 minutes after the reserved time) will have booking privileges immediately suspended for 7 days – no exceptions. If you are suspended, you will receive an email notifying you of the suspension. During this period, you will not be able to log into the booking system and your name will not be available to be booked by the Club or any other member. Any existing bookings will also be cancelled.
The club allows a 10 minute grace period so players who have reserved that court can arrive anytime within that 10 minute period but must check in with the court monitor prior to stepping onto their reserved court.
If only one person has checked in for a singles booking, after 10 minutes, the court will go to next members on the walk on list managed by the court monitor. If a minimum of 2 people have checked in for a doubles court, they can continue to play on their reserved court.
Inclement Weather & Courts Unplayable Policy
If the court monitors determine that courts are unplayable for any reason (courts are too wet, etc.), they will cancel the court and the member(s) will be notified via email. If the member has paid any guest fees, those will be refunded to the member’s club account.
Courts may not be booked using another member name without their consent and the full intention of playing a match. Members will be notified automatically via email when a court is booked in their name. Members found to be misusing or circumventing the booking policies will be penalized by the Board with a series of escalating suspensions ultimately resulting in the possible revocation of membership:
· 1st offense: Warning
· 2nd offense: One week suspension
· 3rd offense: One month suspension
· 4th offense: Permanent suspension or revocation of membership